Narre Warren North Primary School opened in July 1877 with an enrolment of 55 students. By 1901 enrolments had increased to 65 students, all taught by one teacher, with both girls and boys being taught to knit and sew.
A Young Farmers’ Club was formed at the school with students learning about farm management. Field days were held regularly. Cows, calves, sheep, pigs and fowls were bought to school for judging.
At the time of the school’s centenary on 2nd July 1977, there were 185 students and 7 teachers. A log cabin, built through the efforts of the local community was opened on the day.