The uniform shop is operated by Beleza who offer all uniform requirements at competitive prices. Narre Warren North Primary School is a Sunsmart school. Students are required to wear the school broad brim hat outside during Terms 1 and 4.
Student Dress Code Policy
A uniform dress code reinforces in students a pride in their own appearance, instils recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community, and assists in developing pride in representing their school. Issues of equality, health and safety, and expense are also factors that contribute to the establishment of the Dress Code.
PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
To promote equality amongst all students
To further develop a sense of pride in, and identification with our school
To provide durable clothing that is cost effective and practical for our school environment
To maintain and enhance the positive image of the school in the community
GUIDELINES FOR ACTION
- A Dress Code Policy shall be maintained that provides choice for the students, allows for students to safely engage in the many varied school activities, and caters for the financial constraints of families.
- All students in Prep to Year 6 adhere to the School’s Dress Code Policy.
- The Dress Code Policy applies during school hours, and when students are on school excursions or sporting activities (unless otherwise permitted by the Principal)
- The wearing of ‘sun-smart’ hats is compulsory in Terms 1 and 4 (see hats). Hats are not to be worn inside.
- The Student Dress Code will be published in the newsletter at the start of each year.
- The Principal is responsible for implementation of the Dress Code Policy.
- Parents seeking exemptions to the Dress Code Policy due to religious beliefs, ethnic or cultural background, student disability, health condition, must apply in writing to the Principal.
- The only logo permitted on all clothing is the school logo.
The ‘Student Dress Code’ consists of the following items:
Navy polo shirt with logo – short or long sleeve
Navy shorts, pants or tracksuit pants
Navy crew necked Windcheater with logo
Navy rugby collar windcheater with logo
Navy bomber jacket with logo
Slouch hat with logo – navy or Gold
Blue & White gingham dress
Navy bootleg pants
Navy Polar Fleece jacket with school logo
Polar sleeve vest with school logo
Waterproof Spray jacket with logo
School bag with logo
Navy beanie with no logo
Optional Wear – Year 6 Windcheater, or polo shirt (for current year, as approved by the Principal), to be worn by Year 6 students only.
Slouch hats – Terms 1 and 4 – all students in Prep to Year 6 are required to wear a hat. From 1st May – 31st August, beanies are permitted. Beanies must be navy.
All head wear must be in school colours.
Baseball caps are not permitted
Jewellery – Stud earrings and sleepers worn in the ears, plus watches, are the only acceptable jewellery, e.g. large hoops and earrings that dangle from the ear may not be worn, for safety reasons
Cosmetics – Cosmetics may not be worn at school, unless for designated occasions, with the approval of the Principal.
Shoes – Shoes are to have enclosed toes. Runners or school shoes are permitted